Graphics Programmer (All Levels)
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
12 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is on the lookout for talented Graphics Programmers across all levels of experience, who possess a passion for breathing life, realism, and fun into games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s newest development studio in Dundee, Scotland.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Graphics Programming Team develop cutting-edge graphics and visual effect systems, working together with other departments to create optimal, attractive solutions for our games.
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in integrating graphics technologies, identify extensions to that technology, and help create those improvements.
- Occasional mentoring of more junior members of the team.
- A degree in Computer Science / related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with C/C++ programming.
- Experience with HLSL, Cg or other vendor specific shader programming language.
- Ability to work with artists, designers and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of the technology.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 11+, OpenGL, Vulkan and/or vendor specific).
- At least one shipped title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
- Passionate about playing and making games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.