This job might no longer be available.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
7 months ago
Are you a software engineer with a passion for video games graphics? If so we are offering a great opportunity for you to join our Consoles Development Team as a Graphics Engineer.
With our help you’ll grow your programming skills into a graphics specialisation and apply those skills to some of the most exciting games hardware in the world.
The Consoles Development team integrates PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo games hardware into Unity. We ensure that Games Developers using Unity are able to easily deliver the best experience on consoles through their titles. Allowing those developers to get great visuals and great graphics performance will be your focus. You’ll achieve this with assistance, mentoring and support from our experienced and friendly engineers on the team.
You will also liaise with other Unity employees spread right across the world in helping to bring the latest graphics features to console.
- Enhance Unity’s graphics capabilities on consoles to support the latest techniques and methods
- Design and implement creative ways of improving the runtime performance of Unity’s graphics on console hardware
- Diagnose graphics problems encountered by developers creating content with Unity on console and help to resolve those issues
- Contribute to the wider graphics community within Unity and beyond
- Engage with on the job training so you can achieve the above responsibilities
- Experience with the C++ programming language
- Degree in Maths, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or similar subject
- A passion for computer graphics
- Good social and communication skills
- Willingness to learn from others and contribute your knowledge to the team
- Experience with DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal or similar graphics API
- Experience with Unity or similar games engine
- Experience writing shaders
- Experience with common graphics debugging and profiling tools such as RenderDoc
- An understanding of the issues around writing multithreaded code
- C# / mono/ .NET experience
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.