21 days ago
About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
Our Offices are based in Bromley, UK
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- 4-day work week
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme
- Season ticket loans to help with the cost of travel
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As a Graphics Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and optimising rendering features for our games on PC and consoles. Reporting to the Lead Graphics Programmer, you will work with Splash Damage’s programming team on building and maintaining the rendering engine and contribute to the associated tools and pipelines.
You will apply your knowledge of modern rendering techniques and ability to write and optimise shaders in order to implement cutting-edge graphics features and squeeze as much power out of the hardware as possible.
You excel at
- Working collaboratively with members of multiple disciplines to iteratively develop features that address and achieve the high-level goals of the game.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving, and highly focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine, having worked on rendering techniques, optimisation, memory management, and content pipelines.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Experience working in all phases of game development from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Strong computer science and maths background.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively withing a team.
Even better if you have
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 or Unreal Engine 5 development experience.
- Experience with low-level systems programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded development.
- Experience developing for Xbox Series, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and/or PlayStation 4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
Splash Damage is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.