4 days ago
Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for a Graphics Engineer to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we truly believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
With ground-breaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a Graphics Engineer with experience in the mobile gaming space and the ability to build and support core graphic settings. Our project is ambitious, and you will be in a key position in the creation of our own graphics engine in Unity3D. You will be working closely with the Technical Art Team and reporting to the Art Director. In this role you will be responsible for building a flexible and optimized graphic engine for our ambitious project.
Your day-to-day as a Graphics Engineer
- Researching graphic coding trends for mobile games
- Coding of specific graphic assets like shaders and post processing effects
- Communicating closely with Technical Artists and Engineers around advanced optimization
- Collaborating with Technical Artists and the Art Director to improve the visual quality of the project
- Handling the necessary documentation for Technical Artists, Engineers and other Artists
- Experience with rendering programming for mobile games and Unity3D
- Experience with maintaining and extending an existing PC, iOS, Android rendering engine
- Experience with dynamic batching
- Experience working on an open world MMO
- Developing fast, maintainable, quality code
- Providing technical guidance and support to the project and the team
- Love for stylized 3D works (Casual & Mid core) rather than realistic art
- A team player rather than a lone wolf
- A portfolio that demonstrates and highlights your best work in games
Good to have
- Mobile game experience with different released projects
- Experience with extending the Universal Render Pipeline (URP) in Unity, and DirectX 12
- Willingness to learn new skills, and adopt to new software quickly
- Good artistic eyes and technical mind to catch recent trend in the mobile game industry
- As a gamer, you bring art ideas from your gaming experiences to the project
- Start-up game development studio experience
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision
- Open to feedback and iterations
- Interested in new gaming fields and trends
- Proactive artist who always takes feedback seriously and loves sharing ideas
- Positive attitude towards your general approach to work life
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.