10 days ago
Seattle, Washington Or Remote, United States
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Graphics Software Engineer on the Platform team, you will work in collaboration with our Art and User Generated Content teams to craft the future of 3D rendering in our radically cross platform title. You will be demonstrating the potential of AR/VR in games, delivering to a broad set of mobile platforms, and unleashing the power of next-gen consoles and high end PCs. Our team needs to craft the graphics tools and infrastructure that will empower not only our developers but also our many talented users to create amazing content. With your talent we can realize these incredible experiences in a way that is delightful, reliable, and performant.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, implement, and maintain internal graphics tools and infrastructure to be efficient, extensible, and easy to use
- Collaborate with both engineers and artists to solve complex technical problems and empower content creators
- Work autonomously to diagnose and solve runtime issues and performance bottlenecks across the studio
- Drive large projects with multiple developers, making sure the team delivers quality features on time and on budget
- Provide critical feedback to artists and developers on content implementation best practices
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional games development experience
- Fluency in C# and C++
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Comfortable debugging, profiling, and optimizing both CPU and GPU
- Solid understanding of 3D math and modern graphics hardware
- Strong understanding of content authoring, implementation, and optimization best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of diagnosing and solving performance issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Broad cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., scripting, shaders, modeling, level design, optimization, character rigging, and content tools)
- Experience working with virtual reality technologies (e.g., PSVR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience with mobile platform (iOS, Android) or consoles (Xbox, Playstation)
- Experience or Knowledge of Blender and/or Maya plugins and tools
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.