This job might no longer be available.
Graphics Engineer (m/f/div)
6 months ago
About Klang Games
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT'S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
You want to dig deep and build compelling systems for a highly ambitious AI-driven MMO simulation game with a unique art style? Klang is looking for a Game Engineer with a focus on Graphics who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
What You'll Do
- Plan and implement rendering systems based on art and game-design requirements within technical constraints
- Identify technical solutions that manage tight performance budgets, can scale on-the-fly and are easy to maintain
- Anticipate worst-case scenarios possible within a sandbox game with player-generated content and procedural environments and ways to manage these
- Create easy to use tools for debugging and authoring
- Be part of an Agile software development team, working with partners in Art, Game Design and Quality Assurance
- Mentor junior colleagues in own domain
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs
- Provide input on the technical direction for an ambitious MMO project
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You have multiple years of experience with the Unity Engine and Editor as a Software Engineer
- You have multiple years of experience with the C# programming language as a Software Engineer
- You have a deep understanding of modern graphics pipelines and the Unity Renderpipelines in particular
- You have multiple years of experience with performance optimization of the graphics stack
- You are able to understand fundamental engineering concepts, their strengths and applications, and differentiate those from implementation details or variations
- You know how to differentiate between fundamental concepts and implementation variations/details
- You can fluently communicate in English inside and outside of your domain
- You can learn quickly
- You are confident about your skill set, your results, and their quality
What Will Differentiate You From Other Great Candidates:
- You have experience with one or more Low-Level Graphics APIs (Vulkan, OpenGL or Direct3D)
- You understand 3D graphics asset pipelines and tools (Blender, Max or Maya)
- You have worked on either MMO games, graphically intense mobile games, or VR applications
- You have experience with the Unreal engine
- You have worked multiplayer networked games. Ideally persistent ones.
- You are a fan of large scale MMOs
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception
- Plenty of room for professional and personal development
- Joining a well-funded and growing gaming studio in the centre of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Flexible office hours
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Free membership with Urban Sports Club
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office with standing desks and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Well-stocked kitchen and free catered company lunches daily
- Relocation assistance and visa support
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.