Graphics Engineer (Star Wars)
Austin, TX, United States
12 days ago
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to build a landmark title based on one of the world’s most beloved creative properties that will engage with millions of players daily, and to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs and work to specifications to implement software solutions.
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, Objective-C, Swift etc.) and their associated frameworks.
- Deepen your expertise in graphics engineering, tackling problems across rendering, optimization, tooling development, and making beautiful visuals run smoothly on a wide range of devices and specs.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
What we offer you:
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players