This job might no longer be available.
Graphic Production Artist
Cary NC us
20 days ago
The Graphic Production Artist position is a non-managing position that reports to the Manager, Graphic Production in Creative Services. This person is an expert in computer production methods and techniques for both print and web. They ensure that end products meet defined technical and quality standards for artwork preparation. They understand printing and manufacturing requirements. They must become familiar with first-party requirements from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft and retailers like Amazon, BestBuy, GameStop, Steam, Epic, and Stadia. The person’s primary job is to create and ensure the delivery of correctly prepared, complete, final artwork to printers, manufacturers, and digital publishing outlets.
The Graphic Production Artist takes direction from their supervisor, the Art Directors of Creative Services, and may take direction from brand and project managers. In addition to producing artwork, as a technical expert, they will provide technical guidance to other artists and designers throughout the design process. They will stay abreast of state-of-the-art tools, software, and technology for art production and recommends new and modified art software as appropriate.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with Creative Services staff to produce artwork for advertising, digital publishing, packaging, and other projects
- Make design edits with direction from Art Director or Brand Manager
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of files that we release to print and published online
- Check artwork for completeness and assure adherence to established standards
- Maintain standard templates and guidelines
- Monitor art preparation guidelines
- Recommend technical and procedural updates and changes as needed
- Simplify artwork to be used across multiple assets to improve efficiency and reduce the file size
- Assist in the collection, archiving, and distribution of assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary
- Ensure all assets are archived to Ubisoft’s DAM
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum of 4 years of computer production art
- Expert level in - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, PowerPoint, Word
- Understanding of the creative process and production techniques.]
- Strong attention to detail
- Apple and Windows proficiency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding of design fundamentals, layout, typography, and composition
- HTML 5 and web experience is a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.