10 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting broadly accessible and resonant offerings for our current and future fans. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We create role-playing game (RPG) books that make millions of people happy! Talented, collaborative Graphic Designers like you are key in doing so.
This role is responsible for layout, design, and pre-press preparation of all types of books for all things D&D. There will also be opportunities to create graphic elements, contribute to ancillary products, and create partner-facing materials.
What you'll do:
- RPG Book Layout: Work with Art Directors, Book Leads and other Graphic Designers to layout book content. This includes text, artwork, and all other visual elements as needed.
- Interior RPG Book Design: Build eye-catching design elements that complement the theme of the book, and also allow for ease of layout. These elements include icons, charts, sidebars, and page design elements.
- Pre-press Review: Oversee routing after completion of the layout. Respond to edits and give feedback on content from production through final printing.
- Ancillary Products: Collaborate with D&D Art Directors and Book Leads to drive the visual development, layout, and graphic design elements of the product. Examples could include card design, symbols, icons, and other flavorful design elements.
- Packaging: Create compelling, audience-focused packaging within cost and design constraints.
- New Product Development: Collaborate with Product Engineers to make every new product the most innovative that it can be.
- Presentations and Brand Guides: Create compelling presentations and documents for partners both internal and external.
- Other Efforts: Collaborate with our Producers to support the Graphic Design aspects of our Localization and Reprint efforts,
What you'll bring:
Hard Skills: While this position is a growth opportunity, you will need some experience in Print and Production, solid knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially focused on InDesign styles, and some ability to bend PowerPoint to your will. Knowledge of D&D product lines and content is strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly, with strong attention to detail.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, iterative, and audience-focused manner
- A healthy relationship with feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
D&D Team Principles:
- We are stewards of Dungeons & Dragons
- We believe Dungeons & Dragons brings people together
- We focus on growing Dungeons & Dragons’ audience
- We listen, improve, collaborate, and debate.
- We are inclusive and respectful.
- We create top-quality products.
- D&D Art Team: Work closely with the Art Department Lead, Art Directors, other Graphic Designers, and Concept Artists
- Book Leads: Collaborate with the Product Lead and Game Designers to shepherd the book or ancillary product to completion
- D&D Graphic Designer: Work closely with an experienced Graphic Designer, who will be giving direction and mentorship
- Producers: Work with Producers to create time and effort estimates, and contribute suggestions to our working processes
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.