This job might no longer be available.
10 days ago
Greetings from The Bunker! Secret Mode is the newly founded publishing wing of the award-winning Sumo Group Ltd. Our goal is to publish internally developed projects from any of our 11 game development studios across the UK, US, Europe and India, as well as third party independent game developers.
Now is an exciting time to get in at the beginning of Secret Mode’s adventure. If you have a strong passion for video games and want to help us build the best games publisher in the business, please reach out to us. We’d love to have a chat!
About this role
The Graphic Designer role will be responsible for maintaining brand quality and consistency across all internal and external Secret Mode visual touchpoints. It is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a growing team and carve out the building blocks of the brand near the start of its life.
Working with the Marketing department, you will create beautiful, impactful designs for marketing and communication such as online video game key art banners for Steam, Sony, Xbox, Nintendo etc; website designs; social channel content; adverts; event assets; and presentations.
Your designs will highlight Secret Mode’s unique visual identity and ensure each brand visual language is consistently applied across all applications.
What you will do
- Be the owner of the Secret Mode visual brand identity, refining Secret Mode’s brand imagery and creating and maintaining our brand guidelines.
- Create all of Secret Mode’s visual assets (digital and print) in support of published games, events, internal and external communication documents, presentations, tools, branded merchandise and websites (detailed below).
- Create designs for online digital video game banners, box art, game trailer end slates and video thumb nails for Steam, Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Epic, etc.
- Create website designs for individual video game landing pages.
- Create designs for social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Steam News and Events section, etc.
- Create static and animated assets for online digital ad banners on games media websites and social channels.
- Create Powerpoint presentations and templates for both internal presentations and reports to senior leadership and partners, and presentations to external stakeholders such as developers and 1st party platform holders.
- Maintain, protect and evolve Secret Mode’s visual branding, including brand bibles and guidelines, as necessary, meeting the needs of our strategic objectives.
- Create and manage a library of visual assets.
- Answer creative briefs with innovative thinking and solutions and present these in cohesive, visually enticing presentations to the relevant stakeholder.
To be successful in this role you will have
- 2-3 years of proven graphic design and PowerPoint design with a strong portfolio
- Strong understanding of video game key art – how it’s created, how users perceive it, and how to iterate on it to maximise visibility on platforms like Steam; how to maximise the clear communication of what the game is about via art assets
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, focused on Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Highly skilled at Microsoft Office
- Fluency in PPT Master Pages, Color Palettes, Type, Multimedia and Animation tools
- Have managed and delivered innovative multi-discipline projects from concept to completion
- Strong knowledge of website design
- Experience working with clients to meet design needs and usability challenges
- Experience in creating interactive charts and infographics extremely desirable
- Strong prioritization skills; ability to manage several projects at once
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and liaise with stakeholders
- An awareness of current trends and the ability to interpret those into a fantastic creative body of work that is relevant to Secret Mode audiences
- A strong sense of digital design, composition and typography
- Experience in taking vague, and or complex briefs and distilling them down into simple, on brand compelling design solutions
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
. Relocation Support to the UK
. Visa Sponsorship
We are Secret Mode.
Quality drives us.
Fun informs us.
Community is our reason for being.
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do.
To delight and inspire is our goal.
Secret Mode is managed by a small group of industry veterans and a team of experienced and newcomers to the industry alike. We’re looking for diverse, creative, driven people who share our passion for all things video games, no matter their background.
As part of the Sumo family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. We’re based in Royal Leamington Spa but are flexible on work-from-home options.
Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we publish. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other. We have taken the #RaiseTheGame pledge to fully dedicate ourselves to inclusivity in our hiring and working processes and already have aligned ourselves with amazing initiatives and charity organisations to make a difference in the industry we all love.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.