11 days ago
What it's like to work here
We are lucky here to be able to play with ideas and concepts and everyone is given the freedom to explore (this is how we make our games too!). You get to work with a wonderfully diverse and multicultural team where people are given the autonomy to do their best work!
The role - Graphic Designer
This is a key role here and you’ll be working on a wide range of fun graphic design projects across the whole of MAG!
You’ll work in a tight-knit in-house team supporting Marketing, User Acquisition, PR, community and the MAG brand.
You’ll be able to get your creative juices flowing by; creating marketing assets where you’ll be making sure our game ads ‘pop’, designing app icons and game feature images. On top of that you’ll design logos and develop graphic concepts.
As well as the game marketing side of the role, you’ll also be able to dive into some company branding asset work. You’ll work closely with the marketing team to build graphics for social media, events, internal and external documents and presentations.
This role sits within the advertising creative team and you will work closely with both the marketing art director and the advertising creative director.
What you’ll be doing
- Create marketing toolkits and style guides
- Design ASO screenshots, feature images and app icons
- Build engaging static ads for our games to be used across a range of channels
- Work with PR to answer their requests for visually appealing still assets
- Support with presentations for MAG’s annual and quarterly reports
- Design frameworks and templates for internal documentation
- Deliver regular updates across different channels including; the website, careers site and employer branding touchpoints
- Provide style guide updates and maintenance
- Support with employer branding campaigns and assets
- Design materials for events
- Approximately 5+ years’ experience of working with Graphic Design across a range of channels and media
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Keen eye for graphics, layout, typography, colour palettes
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced with presentation software e.g. Keynote/Pages or similar
- Ability to create engaging on-brand graphics and visual concepts
- Excited about keeping up to date with recent trends
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain the reasoning behind design choices
- Ability to receive and give feedback in a constructive manner
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Graphic design experience for marketing of games or apps
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Illustration skills
- 3D experience
- Understanding of motion graphics/video
- Analytical skills - A/B testing of different designs
- Experience working with CMS
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company bonus
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and private health insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Seasonal kick-offs
- Gym allowance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Monthly After works
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company wide carbon off-setting and CSR initiatives
- Free Swedish lessons (if you wish to learn a new language!)
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!
We are MAG Interactive – a mobile gaming company built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more and Players agree! Our games have been downloaded more than 250 million times, and we are proud to say that Ruzzle is one of the most played mobile word games ever made!
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Wordbrain was selected Best of Google Play 2015 and Ruzzle and Ruzzle Adventure were both selected Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries.