28 days ago
Job Title:Graphic Designer
Job Title: Graphic Designer, Overwatch
Reporting To: Creative Director, Overwatch and Overwatch League
Department: Creative Services
Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a graphic designer to join the Overwatch team. You should bring your passion for video games, esports, traditional sports, lifestyle apparel, and broadcasting to your design.
We are looking for a someone who is: passionate about design, can articulate the brand’s objectives through high-quality visual content, seeks out opportunities to learn/grow/innovate, understands the value of process, maintains a high level of attention to detail.
We are looking for a forward thinker that has a strong pulse on the Overwatch design themes, strong typography skills, deep understanding of color theory, layout, and an extraordinary eye for composition. This role will dive into the established brand visual identity and will be handling successful implementation across multiple media platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all aspects of the hands-on production of assets for a variety of formats, delivering Blizzard quality and standards in remarkably quick time frames.
This role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and development studios to produce high-quality art assets. Typical end use will include, but is not limited to, editorial, social, marketing, internal, and in-game use.
This is an opportunity for a talented, hardworking and proactive individual to grow and develop in a fast-paced environment while contributing to a wide range of exciting franchises.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Work closely with the Overwatch Creative Team and Creative Director to conceptualize and design for digital and social media ad campaigns. Commits to delivering on-time, high-quality assets that adhere to the Overwatch brand.
- Active contribution to a variety of brand initiatives that include light motion work, program logos, style guides, social media, maintaining community blog assets, high-level presentations as well as support the wider team with in-game build captures.
- Partner with internal/external teams to analyze provided data, and help collaborate/innovate design solutions to achieve project goals.
- Maintain the visual aesthetic and spirit of the Overwatch brand while maintaining your personal design perspective.
- Work with other team members to develop efficiencies within the workflow while developing Blizzard-quality creative assets.
- Have 3+ years working in Graphic/Motion Design or related role.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Animate or equivalent package
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas within the timing and scope of a project.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements and best practices.
- Animate and bring to life from concept and storyboard for social media ads, animated/video social media posts and presentations.
- Understanding of design fundamentals and the ability to apply Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects.
- Understanding and familiarity with Overwatch lore, game history and design themes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 3D, especially Maya, C4D etc.
- A passion for Overwatch, esports, video games, music, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture.
- Have played through all game modes of Overwatch with deep understanding of game mechanics.
- A passion for story, art and conceptual thinking.
- Experience with illustration and painting.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.