8 days ago
We want to hear from Graphic Designers who are looking for a role in our award-winning UK team.
The primary focus of the role will be on graphic and UI design. Any secondary skillsets in complimentary areas including animation, motion graphics and other forms of interactive design are considered a bonus. We're interested in talking to designers from all backgrounds, from talent looking to break into the industry through to more experienced candidates.
As well as an eye-catching portfolio we’re also looking for personalities who will fit our culture of innovative creativity and collaborative problem solving.
Previous experience of working in the games or creative sector, either as a freelance artist or in-house, is essential. Applicants will enjoy working as part of a creative team and should be able to demonstrate experience of successfully doing so.
At this time we are considering remote applications for this role. For those wanting to work in our physical office this will be considered for our studio based in the Gateshead, UK.
If this interests you, we encourage you to send us your portfolio and show us what you’d bring to our flock.
- Working with the Interactive Design and Concept Art teams on creative projects for AAA videogame clients
- Following briefs, taking designs from concept to completion and producing final assets for use on a variety of platforms. (Console, PC, Mobile, VR, Print and Web).
- Creation of logos, icons, illustrations and symbols under the guidance of a Lead Artist
- Design and creation of templates and corporate branding materials
- A portfolio demonstrating experience in Graphic Design and / or UI design
- Applied working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, as well as a high capacity to learn new tools
- Time management
- Ability to demonstrate creative concepts and present them with clear notes and narrative
- Positive communication and willingness to take art direction
Skills Considered a Bonus:
- Experience creating or implementing User Interface Design
- Experience creating motion graphics (After Effects)
- Experience working with engines including Unreal (UDK), Unity and Scaleform
- Experience working with 3D tools (Maya / 3ds Max / Modo / Blender)
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for videogames a big plus!
Education and Experience:
- A portfolio that demonstrates an industry-standard level of work
- HND / Degree qualification in related subject or equivalent work experience
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required or forced within the art team. This is alongside a competitive salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive flexible benefit scheme.
Our UK studio is based in the North East of England on the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle Quayside is just a short walk from our office, with hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from. Not only being one of the UK’s most affordable major cities to live in, it is also close to the coast and countryside, perfect for when you want a change of pace from the buzz of the city. Transport connections are excellent, with Newcastle International Airport offering flights across the world.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group plc, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.