This job might no longer be available.
Graphic Designer- MTG Franchise
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
6 months ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
What this role is all about
The Magic: The Gathering Franchise Creative team needs a graphic designer to help us build an entertainment brand around awesome fantasy heroes. If you have an adventurer’s spirit, an eye for detail, and an understanding of long form presentation and document design, then this might be the perfect job for you!
In this role you will help visualize and communicate the present and the future of Magic franchise. You’ll create brand graphic assets and lay out franchise creative content into effective and attractive presentation materials, developing powerful visual examples where needed to communicate new and pivotal brand ideas.
A day in the life as franchise graphic designer
Build powerful external and internal-facing brand materials
- Brand guides: Our brand guides help us share our vision of powerful characters and a spirit of creativity and empowerment with. You will collaborate with team members to develop design content and complete layouts of these guides.
- Presentations: Thoughtful and beautiful presentation can have a big impact—showing a commitment to quality, to the material presented, and to the valued audience. Working with Franchise leads, you’ll put concepts and visuals together to build stellar presentations.
Maintain and develop formats and templates for brand guides and presentations
- InDesign: Help maintain aesthetic and format consistency throughout all Franchise guides.
- PowerPoint: Maintain and further develop deck templates for a variety of internal and external presentation types.
- Propose improvements to the format, content and visual approach.
Research and Exploratory Design
- We take both a long view to the future and a broad view across all brand expressions. Partner with Franchise creative leads to develop visualizations of the brand’s future, and to explore the implications of design decisions rolled out broadly across the brand.
What you’ll bring
- Adobe InDesign (Strong)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Strong)
- Adobe Photoshop (Strong)
- Adobe Illustrator (Basic)
- Collaborates on team projects, owns individual tasks
- Excellent visual communication
- Has an affinity for brand design or entertainment brands (or both!)
- Has the spirit to explore and champion their big design ideas
- Understands the need for revisions in the creative process
- Portfolio link required
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.