Graphic Designer (External Development Dept / Apex Legends)
9 days ago
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise. We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order and virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond , and we are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends .
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio .
We're looking for a highly-skilled Graphic Designer with strong illustration skills to join our external development team supporting Apex Legends. Our ideal candidate is passionate about game development and loves to create high-quality, inspirational designs and illustrations to support efforts across multiple disciplines. Reporting to our Concept Team Lead and OS Art Director you will work closely with the External Dev team and external vendors to develop graphic and illustrative assets.
What you will do...
- Own the quality control of incoming graphical content and manage the feedback
- Finalizing, polishing, externally created graphical content as needed to ensure visual quality bar is met or exceeded
- Create and iterate on, primarily, banner frames, holosprays, badges, and other graphical UI elements for the game
- thumbnails, loose sketches, finished/polished pieces
- Assist the Leads and Outsourcing (OS) Art Directors in internal OS training, as well as defining and documenting OS best practices and style guides
- Coordinate with Ex Dev Management team on addressing vendor gaps, quality issues, scheduling or changes in scope
- Create and critique briefs and production packages for external production
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and facilitates solutions at all levels in the organization
Ideally, you will have...
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals, specifically proportion, scale, perspective, lighting, and color
- Exceptional ability to design and illustrate everything from icons, banners, props... or anything that could be imagined in a Respawn game
- An experienced eye for artistic quality and detail with the ability to breakdown and communicate complex feedback and art direction clearly using visual, verbal, and written medium
- The patience, temperament, creative-thinking, and communicative adaptability required to help ensure constant alignment with external partners often separated by distance, language, and cultural aspects
- Experience working with external service providers
- The best people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, whether internal Respawn or external partners, and respect for others' time
- 2+ years experience as a Graphic Designer and Illustrator
- Proficiency in programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Figma
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.