Graphic Designer (Contract)
Orlando Florida United States
13 days ago
Graphic Designer (Contract)
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
Graphic Designers will focus on the game player’s experience and interaction with the game. Their goal is to make the player’s experience as easy as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus, icons, and displays. You will play an important role in the creation of assets for current and upcoming game modes. The Graphic Designer will play a role in conceptualizing, designing, and creating individual assets for the interface. Animation may also be required.
- Work with creative director and producer; participate in the creative process of in-game assets
- Create game menu mock-ups consistent with the game's art direction
- Create designs and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts. Review final layouts and suggest improvements.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Improve file size and configurations. Manipulate UI content and assets
- Work with the product owners to discuss and determine layout design.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisors, and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials and products.
- Bonus: Any experience with Adobe After Effects, Maya, or other Motion Graphics
Additionally, you will need to provide customized art content for Madden Overdrive Dynamic Messaging and MOTD on a daily basis, sometimes 7-days a week, sometimes 20+ images per day in multiple formats for Live Content. The content is often iterated, sometimes even changed wholesale as our needs change. The Artist will work with other artists, producers, and designers to develop content that meets game style requirements and Live Content themes.
What skills does EA look for?
Our Graphic Designers should have, but are not limited to, a background in digital interface design (console, software, web, or mobile).
From a technical standpoint, Graphic Designers must have experience with Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator. Nice to have skills include 3DS Max, Maya, Softimage/XSI, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Adobe Indesign, and After Effects.
Our Graphic Designers have artistic, typographic, and layout skills and can develop creative design solutions while following creative and art direction.
A Graphic Designer’s portfolio must demonstrate and style without sacrificing the readability and flow of information. You must demonstrate a good eye for:
- Composition and layout
- Color theory