Graphic Design Director
Austin, TX, United States
18 days ago
The vision for our global marketing creative team at Zynga is informed by an aggressive pursuit of new and different ideas, rapid creative development, and efficient production. We develop creative executions across paid and owned channels that invite and encourage millions of players worldwide to take part in our games as well as keep players engaged, informed, and rewarded for their active participation. Our creative and production processes prioritize achieving both performance objectives and executional excellence while we all endeavor to foster a collaborative culture that embraces and drives creative trends in the mobile acquisition space.
The Graphic Design Director on Zynga’s Marketing Creative team, reporting to the Sr. Art Director, will manage a large team of graphic designers and 2D artists. This role also oversees the team’s workflow that feed in to a high-volume, high-velocity pipeline of display (static) user acquisition advertising creative, storefront assets for all Zynga titles, and social/community/email marketing assets. We are a performance marketing operation, hence, we sustain a high volume of creatively diverse executions. The Art Director will work closely with the Sr. Art Director and Central UA Creative leadership to understand and quantify needs against both performance, brand/product marketing objectives, and direct this team in executing against those needs and objectives, as well as maintaining the quality assurance standards of all work produced.
- Work with Sr. Art Director to prioritize and sustain an aggressive delivery cadence
- Direct a team of graphic designers and 2D artists in their execution of display advertising concepts, social/community/email marketing assets
- Apply hands-on expertise to executions when necessary
- Research UA advertising & app store asset creative trends in the competitive mobile landscape
- Foster a deep understanding of our games and be able to inspire, inform and motivate the team with that understanding
- Participate in art reviews with peers and staff, providing constructive and positive feedback
- Empower and support your team’s thought process and executions so that they may thrive/succeed despite tight and aggressive delivery schedules
- Understand and be able to articulate artistic rationale in relation to Creative and Art Direction
- Maintain standards for quality assurance of all creative work delivered
- Initiate and lead concept creation/brainstorming efforts
- Support, reflect and amplify the values of our collaborative creative culture - making sure all individual voices are heard, success is acknowledged and contributions to Zynga business objectives are shared
- Mentor designers and artists to help them grow into increasingly larger and more influential roles
- 5+ years in an art/creative director role, preferably including time with a casual mobile game developer/publisher
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Art Direction and advertising and marketing asset production
- Top-notch creative chops: you should be a great artist as well as a great leader
- Exceptional leadership qualities and best-of-breed communication skills
- A strong understanding of 3D, 2D, and Mobile game technology
- A great sense of people and how to manage them to reach their career goals and grow their skill sets
- Passion for mass-market casual games is a big plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.