This job might no longer be available.
1 year ago
Seriouslyis building entertainment brands on mobile. With offices in Helsinki, Finland, and Santa Monica, California, the company’s first property, Best Fiends , was first introduced as a mobile game and is now directly connected to an audience of 2M+ people on a daily basis. Recently purchased by mobile game industry giant Playtika, Seriously plans to grow Best Fiends into a wider entertainment business, with the launch of new game titles, the production of additional feature-film quality animations, and the development of cutting-edge creative advertising campaigns in 2020 and beyond.
As a Graphic Artist you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution and development of marketing assets for various campaigns. Most of the work will go towards filling up an editorial calendar for the social media channels for the newest Best Fiends game, Best Fiends STARS . This is a high-volume and high-output role that maintains the look and feel of the brand. You’ll be expected to turn assets around quickly while working with constant feedback.
The role sits in the marketing department and will work closely with the EVP of Marketing and Brand, Marketing Director, Sr. Graphic Artist, the Head of Design - Marketing, and the Social Media Manager; there’s also some communication with the games team in our Helsinki office. This person will be located in the Santa Monica office.
This role will contribute to Seriously's success by proving out Best Fiends as a ‘360’ entertainment brand capable of extending successfully to narrative storytelling, world-class marketing, and more!
- Work with the Marketing Team and the Games Team to generate artwork related to marketing campaigns and social media initiatives.
- Create social media assets for all social media platforms for Best Fiends STARS .
- Rework material based on feedback and notes while helping to populate an editorial calendar and maintaining a fresh perspective.
- 3+ years working as a Graphic Artist at a creative advertising agency, or something equivalent
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience is a bonus
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard 2D applications such as Photoshop
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Unity are a plus
- Portfolio/website demonstrating industry leading concept art/illustration skills
- Great understanding of design principles and use of composition and color theory
- Demonstrated sense of composition and exceptional foundation art skills
- Passion for storytelling, particularly in branded entertainment, characters and worlds – we want you to know our world inside and out and love the world, the characters, and the stories you are working on!
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about the intersection of design, storytelling, and community – and how those fit to our audience and to the wider market – we want somebody with their ‘finger on the pulse’!
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; active participation in meetings – we want people who will speak up!
- Ability and interest to work in a fast-paced, cross-cultural start-up environment – we want people to be engaged and energized by what we are building here at Seriously!
- Sense of humor and resilience in the face of shifting priorities and demands – we are a fast-paced company and things will change!
- Strong time management skills, along with ability to think and design from concept to finish independently – we want self-starters who don’t need to be micro-managed!
If you feel you are up for the challenge, please apply as soon as possible as we´ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.