Graphic Artist (429)
5 days ago
To produce high-quality graphics that visually represent the essence of the studio and its projects through its brands.
This is a high-level role involving collaborating with Art Directors to build a world of bespoke branding that best fits the game and its environment. Using the pillars of the game, the Graphic Artist will help create a rich immersive environment for the player, while generating a sense of narrative and presence through its brands.
The successful candidate will work closely with Ubisoft Legal to convert design concepts into working drafts, and evolving them into finished, in-game artwork.
- To work with project Art Directors to create world and brand assets spanning past, present and future eras;
- Ensure all visual elements and assets follow the artistic direction of the project;
- Assist in the creation of general marketing materials and promotional items;
- Support the Creative Services Art Manager and Communications Manager in various aspects of team projects, which may require any/all of the following: Attendance outside of working hours, set-up and preparation of events, photography and Videography of events.
- Communicate and collaborate with clients to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Iterate on work, taking into consideration any feedback given by team members or the client themselves;
- Help to build and maintain an archive of all projects/assets for future reference;
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to complete assigned projects on time and under budget;
- Help maintain the Reflections website- updating it with new projects/information when appropriate.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good initiative and proactive skills;
- Aptitude for organising and presenting information;
- Capability to receive, interpret and execute a creative brief;
- Ability to generate high-level awareness of brands across worlds;
- Working closely with AP’s and to stringent production schedules.
- Good artistic and creative skills and notion of visual storytelling;
- Knowledge of the Video Games Industry is desirable;
- Good project management and time management skills;
- Proficiency at working in Adobe CS (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop- essential, AfterFX, Premiere Pro- desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, OneNote etc.)
- Basic knowledge of industry standard 3D modelling software such as 3DSMax desirable;
- Understanding of marketing, media and technology
- 3 years+ experience of brand design/development;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience;
- Experience of layout design, logo generation, basic understanding of timeline-based motion-graphics/video editing
- Understanding of photography/filming/editing/sound recording advantageous;
- HTML experience- desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.