GraphQL API Developer, Unity Live Platform
9 days ago
The Unity Live Platform team builds technology that enables Unity to bring our whole ecosystem of tools and services to Unity developers where they need them - by making sure it’s fast and easy for us here at Unity to expose our functionality through APIs, and fast and easy to consume those APIs to create a strong user experience for our Unity creators. The results of this work touches everyone who uses Unity, but especially the many many new users who come to Unity every day to learn and create. We are part of Unity’s User Growth and Live Platform team that works in a cross functional, data driven and pioneering spirit.
As a GraphQL API developer on the Live Platform team, you will shape and develop how Unity brings GraphQL into our service ecosystem. You will cooperate closely with a large development team in Shanghai that is building a number of the services that will be at the heart of the API, as well as with client side development teams in for example Helsinki to help them consume the API. Travel a few times per year to Unity offices in Shanghai, San Francisco, Helsinki and Montreal is part of the job.
- Building our GraphQL Live Platform API exposing internal Unity services using GraphQL
- Supporting the operation of the platform
- Leading the definition of our tools and processes for managing the Data Graph and our overall use of GraphQL
- Supporting teams inside Unity with developing services exposed through the GraphQL platform
- Coaching teams inside Unity using the GraphQL API to develop enriched user experiences
- Driving technical solutions for our internal APIs in collaboration with the Shanghai development team
- Strong developer skills with online services and APIs deployed and operated at scale on modern cloud infrastructure such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with API architecture and implementation in a larger organization or ecosystem.
- Skills in setup and deployment of Apollo Server or equivalent core technologies for GraphQL implementations.
- Knowledge of the Unity ecosystem and/or development with Unity
- Experience working in a global and distributed organization
- Full stack web application development skills
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.