Graduate Mechanical Engineer
8 days ago
Job Posting TitleGraduate Mechanical Engineer
SummaryThe cabinets you see on the gaming floor are the creation of our talented engineering teams, who design the hardware and mechanics that frame the world’s greatest games. The role of this Mechanical Engineer is to support the integrity and reliability of these machines throughout their life on the world's gaming floors, to develop, test, approve and validate the components, sub-systems and updates of these electronic gaming machines as required.
What you'll do
Under the direction of the Sustaining Engineering Manager, provide the following:
- Updates, improvements and documentation (2D and 3D) of parts and components related to electronic gaming machines (i.e. slot machines/Development Rigs for internal use).
- Design or improvement of sheet metal brackets/cabinets, die castings, injection moulding for electronic gaming machines and Dev rigs.
- Perform product design modifications and develop detail and assembly drawings for products.
- Perform engineering change processes as necessary to support existing products.
- Create 3D models and supporting 2D drawings.
- Perform mechanical design calculations.
- Test prototypes and standard products and write reports to document the results.
- Maintain or exceed the established good design practices such as tolerance analysis, FEA, DFMEA, DFx to ensure a design that is reliable, manufacturable, testable, serviceable, safe in operation, comply with relevant legislation.
- Facilitate the on-time delivery of mechanical designs that meet or exceed product requirements and customer expectations.
- Provide support to suppliers, product testing as needed to ensure the project gets completed on-time with high quality.
- Assess supplier capabilities.
- Hands on assembly of prototypes and debugging of prototypes.
- Participate in local and multi-site initiatives to improve department processes and technologies.
- Perform other duties as required.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Up to 2 years of experience in mechanical design engineering.
- Demonstrated ability as a design engineer.
- Proficient in 3D MCAD. Solidworks preferred.
- Previous experience with sheet metal and injection moulding preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with FEA software strongly preferred.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize assignments and multi-task.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical technical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels within the organization and participate effectively as a member of a multi-functional team.
- Ability to communicate engineering requirements.
- Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as needed.
- Adaptable to change - can operate within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to sort through competing/conflicting priorities to arrive at an optimal solution.
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to manoeuvre around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 14kg.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.