Graduate Game Designer [YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE] (423)
17 days ago
Assist in the creation of key game systems with respect to the creative direction of the project.
- Assist with the balance and implementation of major game systems;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Be able to take ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Formalise and document the systems in order to communicate them to the production teams on the project;
- Assist in the design of the player journey from single player to co-operative/player versus player;
- Collaborate with the user research lab and QC teams in regards to play tests of prototypes and implement feedback into work;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Assist with key aspects of the multiplayer experience including grouping, matchmaking and player to player interactions;
- Assist the Lead Game Designer with any other ad-hoc responsibilities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms and an understanding of the core design concepts which underpin them;
- Understanding of current design methodologies regarding player acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization;
- Good understanding of 3Cs, Usability and UI design best practices;
- Good time management and prioritisation skills;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Aware of market trends, technology advancements and general progression within the games industry;
- Knowledge of applications related to documentation such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Wiki etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in game design or other relevant training;
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2020 or be graduating in 2021 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a post study work visa or already have the right to work in the UK from January 2021.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Far Cry 5® and Starlink: Battle For Atlas®. Currently comprised of a 90-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.