Graduate Economy Designer [YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE] (474)
8 days ago
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in 2021 or be graduating in 2022 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a graduate visa or already have the right to work in the UK.
A career at Ubisoft Leamington and Ubisoft Reflections opens doors to new worlds.
From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles.. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Not only this, but when you join, you will enter an environment that is crammed full of talented people that will help to cultivate, develop and support your growth. You will also have mentorship and access to our learning and development programs to support your own journey too.
What will you do as a Junior Economy Designer?
The main goal of economy design is to improve player engagement, retention and enhance the lifespan of the product.
The Junior Economy Designer assists in the creation and crafting of the economic systems and supporting features, plus provide data-backed recommendations on design, balance, and pricing.
- Work as a key part of an agile design team, taking responsibility for the design of flexible economy systems and features (progression & reward structures, currencies, sinks & sources etc.) aligned with the creative, game, and monetization directions, under the supervision of a lead or Senior designer;
- Formalise and document the design in order to communicate them to the project teams;
- Develop a thorough understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work in line with the defined quality standards for the project;
- Participate in the development, implementation, and debugging of specific features and assets;
- Throughout production, make necessary changes to the design arising from feedback, allowing for constant and iterative support of the gameplay in order to achieve the desired player experience;
- Assume design responsibilities as required.
What you will bring to the job
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Understanding player psychology/player motivation;
- Willingness to learn and grow:
- Strong skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Adaptability and proactivity;
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of game design is a plus.
- An undergraduate degree in Game Design, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent subject.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.