Graduate Animator - September 2023 start
16 days ago
Reporting to the Animation Director, your role is to assist with the production of high-quality animation assets for projects built around our M2 technology and Unreal Engine. You will help the development team with the generation of 3d animated content using a number of software types and processes including Maya, Motionbuilder and motion capture.
This is an ideal role for candidates who are new to the games industry and looking to gain valuable experience in a professional studio, run by seasoned industry veterans. You should be open to new ideas and methodologies, keen to develop your skills in a production-led environment, as well as being an individual who wants to be part of a diverse and creative team.
Areas for Impact:
- You will work within a close-knit, talented creative team to produce inspiring results with rapid development cycles.
- Working as part of a small but growing team of veteran developers. We are building a working environment where artists flourish and collaboration is key
- You will work closely with creative leads, designers, artists and programmers to create high quality game assets, leveraging the next generation of games technology.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have good 3d animation skills, focusing on character movement, weight and performance.
- A fundamental understanding of how to import and set-up animation assets in Unreal Engine.
- Experience in both key-frame and motion capture, with a good understanding of how to utilise both effectively in the production of animated content.
- Core skills in one or more common content creation packages: Autodesk Maya (or similar), Motionbuilder, Unreal Engine (UE4 or UE5)
- Curious and driven to learn new skills and abilities.
- A good showreel (or Artstation page) which demonstrates your abilities.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.