Global Support Intern
11 days ago
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
WHAT WE NEED:
2K is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and personable IT Intern to join our IT group in Novato, CA. Applicants will be highly motivated and organized, able to work as part of a team, while also possessing the ability to work without supervision.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As an IT Intern, you will be working with world class engineering and production operations teams to assist in the maintenance of a stable environment. You'll learn to deploy and administer systems and tools and provide front-line support to various sites and departments. You'll work closely with senior IT staff as well as developers in supporting new services and help tackle issues as they arise. This is an opportunity to enhance your career in a role supporting what are some of the largest and most successful game franchises. This includes:
- Providing customer-centric IT support, coordinating with existing IT staff to diagnose and resolve hardware/software issues on PC/macOS workstations and infrastructure hardware
- Day-to-day administration of Windows server environment: AD, DNS, DHCP, related applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues (including VPN support)
- Use imaging and deployment tools (SCCM) to ensure workstations and applications are deployed in a standardized manner
- Develop and maintain documentation for procedures and user resolution documentation
- Provide timely and creative solutions to challenging problems
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT:
You're passionate about working with technology. You desire to interact with various departments - identifying and responding to a variety of technical challenges. You're able to provide amazing customer service. You're looking to expand your career by working in a large scale, enterprise environment. You are willing to work in a fast paced and cutting-edge environment with other highly skilled professionals. You are anxious to grow and develop skills that will help make 2K the best gaming company in the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Possess a working knowledge of Windows and macOS operating systems, Active Directory, Office 365 and GSuite.
- Knowledge of server and PC workstation hardware, software and security essentials
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Pursuing either a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or MCSE certification
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new and changing technologies