This job might no longer be available.
Global Service Operations Center Technician
15 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
You will be part of the team at Twitch focused on the performance and stability of our network and video systems. This team owns the beating heart of Twitch's Video Platform Live Operations and is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year. You will work with every aspect of the Twitch video platform to provide this stability. You will be a first responder to anything that might affect the network or video systems, allowing the best possible experience for Twitch users.
This will include regular maintenance, troubleshooting, improvements, and process automation. Using monitoring to remain aware of issues that require your attention, and solving problems. You will guide operational best practices within Twitch. Your actions will keep the heart and soul of Twitch smoothly humming around the clock, delivering video to our tens of millions of users.
- Respond to maintenance notification from network providers
- Contribute to documentation around process and workflow
- Ensure smooth operations of the global network infrastructure
- Maintain the health of our bare metal infrastructure
- Use runbook documentation to resolve operational issues
- Monitor graph analytics to identify potential problem areas
- Troubleshoot network and video operational issues
- Report to the GSOC Technician Manager
- Participate in 24/7/365 shift work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Worked with Linux command-line interface
- Resolved hardware issues in a datacenter environment
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, OSPF , BGP )
- Experience with AWS
- Developed using GoLang
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.