Global Service Operations Center Intern
Salt Lake City, UT
9 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
You will be joining the Twitch Global Service Operations Center (GSOC) that focuses on the performance and stability of our networks and systems. This GSOC team owns the beating heart of Twitch’s Video Platform Live Operations and is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year. This will include regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and reliability improvements. You will take part in keeping the heart and soul of Twitch smoothly humming around the clock, delivering exhibits of video to our tens of millions of users.
- Troubleshoot network and video operations issues
- Create and maintain documentation around process and workflow
- Monitor graph analytics to identify potential problem areas
- Building, design, and deploy internal GSOC tools
- Build and maintain operational runbooks
- Ensure continued smooth operations of the global network infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Python and GO-Lang
- Experience with StackStorm / Operational automation
- Experience in bare metal servers
- Gain applied, real world, large scale experience to springboard your career
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.