Global Service Operations Center Engineer
3 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, you will be part of the team at Twitch focused on the performance and stability of our network and video systems. This team owns the beating heart of Twitch's Video Platform Live Operations and is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year. You will work with every aspect of the Twitch video platform to provide this stability. You will be a first responder to anything that might improve the network or video systems, ensuring the best possible experience for Twitch users.
This will include process automation, regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and reliability improvements. Using monitoring to remain aware of issues that require your attention and solving problems. You will have the opportunity to improve operational best practices within Twitch. Your actions will keep the heart and soul of Twitch smoothly humming around the clock, delivering video to our tens of millions of users.
- Troubleshoot network and system issues
- Perform daily, routine, and complex system administration/maintenance
- Escalate issues when appropriate
- Manage and operate systems across different technology stacks
- Create and maintain documentation around process and workflow
- Monitor graph analytics to identify potential problem areas
- Influence and improve adoption of operational best practices
- Automate existing manual processes
- Manage and coordinate incident response
- Ensure continued smooth operations of the global network infrastructure
- Participate in 24/7/365 shift work
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years experience as a Network or Systems Engineer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to participate in 24/7/365 shift work
- Experience with Puppet, Nagios, ElasticSearch , Grafana
- Speak about BGP , MPLS-TE, OSPF , and Fiber Optics
- Exposure to AWS services
- Experience with GoLang
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Washington is $104,500 - $160,000 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7501
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.