Global PR Coordinator
19 days ago
Job Title:Global PR Coordinator
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
We are seeking an adaptable, enthusiastic and creative public relations coordinator to be an instrumental part of our Global Communications team, responsible for supporting PR activities for Blizzard franchises and BlizzCon. You will be working on coordinating the release of information on global scale and contributing on discussions and strategic planning in tandem with PR managers. The ideal candidate is highly organized and has impeccable oral and written communication skills, an uncanny attention to detail, and a high degree of flexibility, as well as a passion for all things Blizzard.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Execute high-impact public relations programs
- Contribute to discussions and strategic planning around milestones, launches, and messaging, alongside senior team members
- Draft and maintain detailed PR-plan documents and calendars
- Compile press coverage and prepare detailed executive summaries
- Conduct extensive phone and email correspondence with ongoing relationship-building efforts
- Arrange and manage Blizzard Entertainment’s participation in events, press tours and interviews
- Collaborate with, and fulfill requests, for Blizzard Entertainment’s global PR teams
- Create press kits and other promotional materials as necessary
- Compose accurate, well-written media materials on time with a short deadline
- Review and edit text for Blizzard Entertainment’s websites and other public mediums
- Coordinate PR efforts between different departments and regions within Blizzard Entertainment
- Assist with PR activities related to product launches and industry events
- Obtain art assets that will be used to feature Blizzard Entertainment games in print and online publications
- Cover comms needs that do not fall under a specific franchise such as charity, licensed products, esports etc as needed
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or journalism, or equivalent experience
- Excellent speaking, writing or editorial skills, time-management, and organizational skills
- A minimum of 1-2 years of PR experience, preferably in the gaming, esports or entertainment industry
- Experience working on event execution or similar.
- Ability to consistently execute good independent judgment, organize thoughts, and make decisions under time constraints and with a full workload
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and overtime as required
- Extremely detail-oriented approach to each assignment, with motivation to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and creatively, and an understanding of all facets of PR
- Team-focused mentality, while being able to proactively complete independent projects with minimal supervision
- Cover Letter which should include: Why you are interested in working in PR at Blizzard Entertainment
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Activision Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!