Global Mobility Manager
Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom
10 days ago
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Global Mobility Manager to join our growing HR team at SEGA Europe on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for overseeing both domestic and international relocations, and play a key role in developing new policies and procedures whilst managing a variety of employee cases.
This role reports directly into our Senior HR Manager, and works closely with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver a first-class service to both new and existing employees across all levels. The successful candidate will also help SEGA Europe to navigate the impact of Brexit, supporting the creation of new immigration policies and communicating these to employees.
- Full process owner for SEGA Europe’s UK entities with evolving oversight in other relevant International jurisdictions.
- Work on sophisticated employment immigration issues to find practical solutions with employees and HR/Business Managers.
- Manage Incoming & Outgoing ex-pat arrangements & coordinate with external and internal partners (Finance, Facilities, HR) to ensure smooth transfer process.
- Implement post Brexit immigration practices
- Assist the development of a Global Mobility framework and associated process documentation
- Develop and manage central domestic remote working model with a flexible approach allowing for local entity legislation and application
- Serve as an account manager for relocating internal employees & provide best-in-class service and support to employees (and their dependents, if applicable) throughout their relocation process.
- Management of Short Term Business Visitor (STBV) Process
Operations & Process Improvement
- Create and maintain client facing documentation and resources and develop effective communications to educate internal stakeholders of emerging immigration & mobility developments, updates or process changes
- Process improvement & documentation - identifying areas for process streamlining & drawing up process workflow documents as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in managing and administering immigration and international mobility cases
- Successful record of building, improving, and running operational business processes
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in international and domestic agile working
- A natural communicator and collaborator used to working with diverse groups including colleagues as well as external advisors
- Organised and pro-active, with lots of initiative and an ability to work at pace, you'll juggle a varied reactive and project-based workload, effectively balancing priorities.