Global Mobility Manager
11 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York are seeking a Global Mobility Manager who will design, deliver, and execute a strategic approach to managing our global mobility, immigration, and relocation program. The Global Mobility Manager’s primary focus will be to ensure effective and responsive delivery of mobility services, reviewing policies and processes, as this role will be instrumental in the design and delivery of this centralized support. An entrepreneurial mobility leader with a strategic mindset and history of delivering innovative strategies will relish this opportunity.
This person will collaborate with the global HR team, global Talent Acquisition partners, Payroll, Finance, Legal, hiring managers/business leaders, and employees to provide context, consultation, and guidance around the complexity of Immigration and Global Mobility practices and issues. The position will be a member of the Global HR Operations team and will play a significant role in supporting global employee movement, country specific immigration laws, and relocation efforts by driving the internal/external Mobility process. It's critical the successful candidate is customer-service driven with acute attention to detail and accuracy. This is an important and key opportunity for the growth of our business and for a seasoned Global Mobility subject matter expert to develop and build a central function.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games HR Team is responsible for empowering our employees to reach their greatest potential and create the ground-breaking games we’re known for.
- We partner with senior leadership to drive proactive strategies of engagement, wellbeing, operations, and learning & development.
- We collaborate with our global HR Partners to develop new initiatives and programs to bring out the best in our teams.
- We ensure a safe, supportive, and inclusive working environment through guidance, compliance, and leading by example.
- Ensure mobility practices continue to align with Company goals to achieve business strategy, employee value proposition, and ensure successful execution.
- Design, implement, and communicate a robust mobility program.
- Ensure compliance of global mobility practices in line with legislative and regulatory requirements, standards, and other known relevant policies and guidelines; work cross-functionally with corporate tax, legal, and multi-national payrolls.
- Execute global and domestic mobility processes, ensures meaningful communication to drive equitable treatment for assignee population, and is mindful of the fiduciary responsibility to partner across all studios.
- Partner with our parent company (Legal, Finance, Payroll) and our Vendor Partners on complex employee mobility considerations to ensure business and employee needs are supported.
- Oversee day-to-day and ongoing immigration and assignment processes.
- Monitor key data from relocation, tax, and immigration providers; identify potential trends and offer cost effective solutions to drive efficiency.
- Provide mobility advice, guidance, and leadership to team members ensuring that the employee experience is positive from end to end.
- Work closely with HR leadership to create and communicate internal guidance, resources, checklists etc. for managers, team members, and employees.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing - mobility packages, answering challenging questions in simple terms, and resolving urgent issues quickly and efficiently.
- Discover ways to improve existing processes and find solutions through automation and streamlining - using technical creativity and out of the box thinking to help build a seamless initiation and global mobility inquiry process.
- Manage the vendor relationship in order to mitigate potential risks while holding vendor partners accountable for meeting and delivering our high-performance standards and governances processes.
- Provide stellar consultative support prior to and during domestic and cross border transfers, including cost analysis, preparation of letters of understanding, and vendor initiation and coordination.
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills in facilitating meetings with multiple internal and external partners / stakeholders and writing clearly and contextually with appropriate content.
- Utilize your project management expertise to plan, initiate, execute, and monitor all immigration vendor related projects.
- Support and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Global Mobility program by building strong relationships and collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop, govern, and maintain Global Mobility programs and processes.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in HR and Global Mobility for global corporations operating in multiple continents and countries.
- Minimum of 5 years of U.S. Immigration consulting experience (F1, H-1B, L1, TN) and deep knowledge of the entire Green Card process to include in-depth expertise administering corporate immigration programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of vendor management experience to include RFPs, supplier selection, preparing SOWs and developing/managing performance metrics.
- Minimum of 5 years of U.S. Tax experience and knowledge within relocation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Mobility, Tax and Immigration at leadership level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, Finance, or relevant business field strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Very strong technical aptitude and experience with applicant tracking systems.
- Experience managing a team, preferably of skilled professionals and across cultures.
- A track record for being able to connect as a trusted advisor with senior staff, with strong instincts and interpersonal skills along with a highly collaborative approach.
- A thorough understanding of US domestic and International transfers – inbound, outbound, cross borders.
- A self-starting creative thinker with analytical skills and ability to recommend solutions to complex issues.
- Experience working across cultures and with the flexibility to span time zones.
- Excellent computer skills are essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Zoom, Web-based research).
- Project management experience across multiple disciplines, from conception to implementation.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- CRM and proven Vendor management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of US immigration and tax requirements.
- Strong presentation skills both written and verbal, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with all levels of stakeholders both locally and globally.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Strong knowledge of general HR practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Strong customer service orientation including a friendly, helpful, and professional demeanor.
- Cultural agility, high degree of empathy and ability to manage ambiguity.
- Business work stream mapping and process optimization skillset is necessary.
- Must possess a collaborative, flexible, positive, confident, and can-do attitude.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Previous HR experience within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music – would be beneficial.
- Passion for Rockstar and our games is a plus, but not required.
- Workday, Greenhouse, and ServiceNow workflow technology preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.