Global Logistics Managed Services Manager
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As the Logistics Managed Services Manager, you will have the opportunity to build a comprehensive understanding of PlayStation’s Global Logistics & Supply Chain operations. This relationship, and partnership-centric role requires the ability to develop and deploy a data driven approach to managing a wide array of Global 3PL’s, Carrier’s, and a Service Provider Network. The successful candidate will be central to the processes for tendering, ownership of contractual SLA’s, and creating a strategy to deliver a best-in-class transportation solution with customer delivery and satisfaction at its core.
What you’ll be doing:
- Relationship management of Logistic Service Providers and the deep knowledge and understanding of the contractual agreements and SLA’s - MBR/QBRs & Strategic Action Plans
- Global tender management and oversight – working with key partners to improve processes and pricing
- Collaborate with Warehouse Operations, Operations Program Management, and Procurement on build of material and management within SAP system
- Gathering requirements, Voice of Customer, Know Your Customer relationship with LSPs
- Metrics management with LSP’s – Strategic Development and ownership of a centralised global dashboard of volumes, weights, costs, and critical metrics to be developed and optimised with the wider team within the Solutions Group
- Development of a Carrier Roadmap targeting key performance areas, and delivering on improvement cycles with LSPs – Leading Exception / Failure Mode analytics and Root Cause identification and fixes
- Global POC for contract level SLA issues within service providers
- Manage delivery time parameters within SAP material master with Procurement team to enable accurate MRP weekly/daily runs
- The centralised owner for communication of general delivery levels, and the ongoing improvement plans including logistics solutions
- Onboarding and transition management responsibility for any changes within the 3PL and carrier network
- Strategically defining the go-forward plan for the framework of Regional 3PL’s, connected to a globalised platform solution, providing the required service to the business
- Acts as a key figure in requirements capturing from all internal business units that interact with Logistics, to then define and deliver on network strategies from the perspective of how SIE interacts with, and improves our partners - 3PL’s, Logistics Service Providers, Carriers, and any systems and platforms connecting to them
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in Carrier, 3PL, and Service Provider management at the level of identifying, tendering, and setting up new carriers, at a global or multi-regional level.
- Experience developing B2B relationships driving best-in-class processes and service level agreements to meet the internal customer needs.
- In-depth experience running Road, Sea, Air, and Multimodal Transportation Tenders, procuring Logistics solutions and systems, setting up service providers, and managing contractual agreements is a must for this role
- A deep understanding of how Service Providers, 3PL’s, and Carriers can provide services to meet complex business needs in both a B2B and B2C space is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of Logistics & Transportation services, Operations, Analytics, and cross functional supply chain interactions
- Strong experience of leading and influencing teams in developing and deploying cross functional improvement projects, with a focus on data analytics and modelling to develop strategic and tactical roadmaps
- ERP systems knowledge (SAP GUI, SAP Fiori, SAP Business Objects, SAP IBP)
- Working experience using and supporting functional improvements to TMS and WMS systems
- Lean Six Sigma, or Lean Practitioner Certifications
- Detailed knowledge of Logistics & Operational practices within consumer-packaged good industry or video game industry is desirable
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.