Global Licencing Director - FALL GUYS
3 months ago
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers who believe games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such, we are looking for a Global Licensing Director to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent game developers, and delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with the weird and wonderful across every platform.
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us, and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
Due to the success of Fall Guys, we are looking for a Global Licensing Director to build and manage an exceptional team. You will be responsible for the P&L, strategic direction, and development of the Licensing team.
Initially, you’ll be focused on our latest release – Fall Guys – but over time this will expand to cover new games and other franchises across our group.
- Hire, onboard and develop a high performing team
- Provide line-management, support and guidance to the licensing team
- Set an execute an annual growth target and business development strategy. Continuously benchmark progress against plan and tweak accordingly
- Prioritize key opportunities and areas for accelerated growth while nurturing developed categories
- Clearly communicate your strategy with key stakeholders
- Ensure each market delivers (or exceeds) annual revenue targets.
- Provide quarterly business forecasts to evaluate progress against budget, highly any upsides or sensitivities
- Liase with the finance team to ensure licensee compliance for royalty reporting
Market Development -
- Day-to-day management of licensees to ensure clear goals and deliverables
- Ensure timely communication of business strategies and assets to partners
- Research product categories, stay on top of trends, source new ideas and identify opportunities
Business Development -
- Execute against the category strategies to fill market gaps
- Critically evaluate the licensee base by market to ensure each is performing as planned and
- highlight concerns as appropriate
- Ensure regular communication flow internally and externally: retail sales updates, marketing, promotional and product development initiatives.
Franchise Development -
- Develop a clear franchise growth & diversification plan for all core properties (initially focused on Fall Guys) and identify market-specific opportunities
- Ensure licensees receive required franchise plans and assets in a timely manner
- Collaborate with creative team to build licensee plans that fully maximize rights
Retail Development -
- Identify the key retail partners by market. Develop relationships with the decision makers at your key accounts
- Understand key seasonalities and other important dates on the retail calendar
The ideal candidate for this position must be passionate about gaming and have a full understanding of the titles you work along with substantive experience in leading licensing for a major global brand.
- Strategic thinker able to communicate a compelling vision for the business
- Network of strong relationships with licensees, distributors and retailers
- Background in building brands across various channels of distribution
- Proven track record of delivering growth and solid analytics
- Able to customize / create sales presentations and other materials as needed
- Significant, demonstrable experience in hiring, growing and leading teams
- Strong communicator and able to articulate a clear vision
- Strong leadership & judgement skills
Want to work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person.
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
We’d love to hear any thoughts or reflections you have about how we should approach Licensing at Mediatonic.
Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. We look forward to hearing from you!