Global Insights & Analytics (I&A) Senior Finance Analyst
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation's extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
- Responsible for identifying, driving and developing new financial insights & analytics to support commercial business analysis and decision making, partnering closely with finance and commercial teams to understand and explain performance to support business strategy
- With the support of the I&A Finance Analyst, working cross functionally with other business verticals to understand business needs to create new financial Reporting with commercial relevance, using analytics methodologies, and manage aligned global messaging through C-suite level presentations
- Lead and scope the expansion capabilities of Data Strategy & Operations (DSO), to build new commercially led financial insights & analysis, partnering with other I&A teams throughout the business (e.g. Consumer Lifetime Value (CLV), Data Strategy & Operations (DSO), Direct to Consumer (D2C) Reporting, Sales Planning & Analysis (SP&A))
What you'll be doing:
- Partnering with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements to design and build new value-added reporting and presentations (e.g. financial dashboards, KPIs, financial insights newsletters) and draw commercial financial insights to aid business decision making and performance tracking
- Responsible for delivery of global performance trend analysis, benchmarking, and future projection analysis to support forecasting and financial modelling activities, and provide insight into commercial and financial impacts to our P&L
- Create and build new reporting suites (as a super user of reporting visualisation tools e.g. Tableau) and methodologies to draw financial insights to aid business decision making and performance tracking
- Proactively identify, review and perform investigative deep dive data analysis and analytics - with a focus on key growth business areas, working alongside your FP&A counterparts
- Global understanding and review of actuals / budget / forecast plans and presentations, and supplement these with commercially led financial insights, partnering closely with Global R&A and FP&A teams
- Critical challenge of Global and Regional Hub analysis to proactively identify and monitor business opportunities and risks etc. Apply findings to generate consistently aligned global financial insights to Management
- Identify, develop and review financial KPI's to proactively flag risks and opportunities to support quarterly forecasts, Budgets, business decision making
- Manage and publish internal efficiency metrics (e.g. forecast accuracy, headcount attrition, OP tracking, cost management tracking) to Management
- Responsible for understanding and driving the use of Consumer Lifetime Value (CLV) analysis and outputs, proactively identifying risks & opportunities, and its impacts on the P&L
- Key member of the R&A Centre of Excellence - working alongside R&A (Reporting & Analysis) counterparts, ensure alignment on Global messaging and consistent Global definitions for KPIs etc.
- Active lead and participation (incl. assessment, UAT) in the Global Planning Tool project (incl. Reporting tool) to ensure it is fit for purpose to support Global I&A and Reporting. Strong Reporting tool experience (e.g. Tableau) highly preferred
- Ad-hoc requests and support as required
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 6 years PQE / 8 years relevant data analytics, commercial financial analysis experience supporting commercial businesses
- Strong hands-on Business Intelligence, Global Reporting/Planning tool experience (e.g. Tableau (preferred) Power BI, Anaplan etc.)
- Global systems experience (e.g. SAP/BW, Hyperion, Adaptive Insights etc.) including hands on capabilities working within large global planning tools
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability and experience in handling large data sets from various sources to consolidate consistent and aligned data to perform detailed analysis and analytics with a commercial and financial mindset (e.g. draw commercial insights that impacts the P&L, and provide analytical evaluation of data to support business decisions), and generate value-added reporting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey financial messages in a clear and simple manner, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Organised self-starter, strong initiative, and proactive mindset to drive change and develop new ways of working with minimal guidance
- Thrives under pressure, and is capable of confidently working alongside senior stakeholders across the wider business
- Strong multi-tasker - able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, stakeholders across various geographies and functional specialisms
- Strong attention to detail - precision, accuracy, and adherence to deadlines
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate and present detailed analysis to senior stakeholders
- Proven track record of similar roles/tasks in Global / Pan regional company:
- Online services & E-commerce
- Entertainment business (Game/Film/Music)
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym/Gym Allowance
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Flexible/Hybrid working (FlexModes)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.