This job might no longer be available.
Global Head of Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
San Francisco, California, United States
3 months ago
We are seeking our first Business Development hire to lead all facets of the Mobile Network Operator (MNO) / Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vertical. This includes Deal Execution (IP Licensing, Co-Marketing, Sales etc.), Corporate Development and Community Engagement partnerships. This role requires an ambitious candidate who learns fast, hustles to execute, collaborates well and builds strong rapport with partners. We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious, takes initiative and loves our mission of encouraging outdoor exploration. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- You will identify, originate deals and build relationships with MNOs and OEMs for Niantic.
- You will, post-deal, manage these strategic partnerships and Niantic’s relationships with key sponsors, to ensure their success.
- You will collaborate closely with our Product Managers, Engineers and Legal team to ensure contracts meet internal needs.
- As needed, you will be the face of Niantic by attending or presenting at industry-related events.
- You will help lead and execute on community engagement initiatives, including those related to outdoor community events and educational projects.
- You have a university degree and/or MBA with 8+ years of meaningful work experience in Business Development, preferably in the technology / media sector or an agency.
- You have robust relationships at the MNO and OEM level.
- You have phenomenal communications skills as you will represent Niantic in external party discussions. You are comfortable presenting at the C-level, both externally and within Niantic.
- You are a self-starter who’s started and led key initiatives.
- You have an analytical mind that can find solutions to achieve a great outcome for every partnership and build basic models.
- You have a deep understanding of Niantic's products and the mobile app industry.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.