Global Brand Marketing Manager
20 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a results-oriented, innovative Global Brand Marketing Manager to support our flagship game brand, Magic: The Gathering. In this role, you'll be responsible for leading multi-channel global campaigns to bring our premiere cardsets to life. By coordinating the efforts of our global marketing teams, you'll find new ways to engage, delight and entertain our fans while achieving business goals.
Who are you?
You are creative, collaborative with others, get things done, and have fun along the way. You are a high energy, entrepreneurial business mind who can lead teams of diverse skillsets to a goal. The best candidates have a proven background in marketing, business strategy, and/or communications. In fact, you have probably led marketing campaigns for new products, developed new business strategies and/or handled corporate communications – preferably for consumer product goods or entertainment brand.
You craft positioning statements, channel strategies, and innovate on tactics to entertain target audiences.
This is a high-profile role within the company, so you will possess an outstanding sense of self-awareness and strong diplomatic skills. You're a specialist at relationship-building and know how to bring parties to the table to build collaborative outcomes and deliver high-quality results. You’d rather do and lead than sit back and wait for orders.
What You'll Do:
Marketing Management (70%)
- Build positioning statements, marketing beats and comprehensive strategies for each product campaign.
- Lead marketing channel groups to develop creative centers, channel approaches, and lead tactical execution.
- Collaborate with regional teams to build custom campaigns and tailored approaches to each market
- Work with Consumer Insights and Business Intelligence teams to identify trends, opportunities, and points of innovation.
- Manage and evaluate critical metrics across campaigns.
- Identify cross-studio cardset marketing opportunities.
Franchise Coordination (20%)
- Maintain and update master franchise calendar for your area
- Close communication with Business Intelligence and Consumer Insights to maintain up-to-date reports of identified key success metrics
- Pitch in on other Franchise team projects and responsibilities, including but not limited to: Entertainment marketing plans, product marketing plans.
Brand Management (10%)
- Assist and advise other teams on brand integrity matters.
What You'll Bring:
- A minimum of 3-5 years professional marketing or business strategy experience required.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of, interest in or experience with games, sci-fi, fantasy properties and passionate fan communities required
- Knowledge of the pop culture and entertainment industry, trends and enthusiasm for research
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-functional teams (international teams a plus)
- Proven ability to successfully plan, develop and execute campaigns and projects independently
- Rock solid organization, time management and attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and positive attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.