Geometry Tools Programmer Internship - Unreal Engine
8 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Unreal Engine team is looking for a Geometry Tools Programmer Intern to join us in 2022! Our Engine Tools Programmers help enhance and maintain core systems of Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
As an intern, you’ll be given challenging projects over the work term, and be provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Helping extend the computational geometry code base for the engine
- Implementing interactive mesh processing tools within the engine
- Developing Blueprint libraries for procedural mesh generation
- Writing unit tests and helping our QA team with automated testing
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ skills
- Unreal Engine game play experience: basics of networking, character movement, and blueprints
- Animation basics: state machine, blends, IK, masks, etc.
- Excellent math and/or physics skills preferred
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Examples of projects and technical work online a must (personal website, Github, etc.)
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. F or more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.