This job might no longer be available.
Game Modes Engineer
19 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programmers, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, and EA Sports UFC.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
We're looking for an experienced engineer or someone interested in expanding their knowledge in the Modes area. Our Modes engineers develop and extend features in the game to facilitate user experiences that extend beyond twitch gameplay, and contribute to a connected and socially interactive game experience. Above all, we're looking for an engineer who is excited to use their talent and experience to build AAA quality games.
*please note this is a temporary full-time, 12-month position*
- Develop and extend offline and online features.
- Implement a feature's core logic and flows.
- Monitor and address performance and stability impacts of features.
- Work with designers to gather requirements and propose technical solutions.
- Work with a team of other engineers in a collaborative environment and report to a team lead.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Able to review, test, debug, and extend existing code.
- Experience with software engineering principles and architectural design.
- Knowledge of multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of database technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Knowledge of client-server architectures.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (i.e. Python, Lua) and/or interpreted languages (i.e. C#).
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.