This job might no longer be available.
Generalist Software Engineer
16 days ago
EA is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite video games IP. We are assembling a team with the purpose of constructing a novel and immersive experience. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment.
We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of experienced EA/EA SPORTS employees and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
The Generalist Engineer will report to the area engineering lead and will be a part of the game creation process, including design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools.
- Developing game features and the corresponding user interfaces, menus, and overlays
- Building state machines and save systems for user progression
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code as needed
- Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialogue to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug
- 3+ years of experience in one or more game development programming domains such as user interface, gameplay, audio, systems, rendering or online multiplayer
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.