16 days ago
As our Generalist Programmer, you are the Swiss Army knife of the studio. You support wherever needed, able to adapt to any programming challenge thrown at the studio. HLSL, Python, and solid math skills — your list of expertise seems to go on forever. You can write graphics, physics, and networking code and you’re comfortable anywhere in the chain, from the bare metal to the cloud.
- Challenge yourself with varied and complex programming challenges
- Learn new technologies and figure out how to integrate them in our content workflows
- Build and enhance systems to support our technology and tools
- Propose new technologies to improve video game production pipelines
- Reverse engineer anything that isn’t engineered in the right direction
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge - you love R&D and learning the latest technologies. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. You care about the performance, readability and maintainability of both your code and the build tools. Besides the above, we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with C#/C++ languages
- Optimization and debugging skills
- Experience in refactoring, object-oriented, and/or ECS design
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina . While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more .