Generalist Programmer (Mid.-Senior)
7 days ago
As a generalist programmer at Ubisoft Saguenay, you know you’ve done great work when the tools you’ve created are stable, up and running and effective for members of the production team.
You develop systems on a particularly large spectrum, from game engines to game editors, or any middleware used in production. You might also work on a specific system (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) for a mandate or depending on your team’s size and needs.
Your role is central to the health of a project as you nurture the systems that are the foundation of a game. You make it possible for content production teams to focus on creating the most fun and enriching experiences for our players.
What you'll do
- Develop generic systems to support the functionalities of the specialist programmers (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) and ensure their integration (engine, editor or middleware)
- Support the production team by making sure their tools are stable and effective
- Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets.
- Debug and optimize already existing systems.
- Document your work to ensure knowledge transfer and help users understand the new systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience.
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness, that push you to go talk to people.
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.