This job might no longer be available.
Generalist Programmer (LLVM)
1 month ago
We are looking for an experienced engineer, preferably with prior experience of LLVM and/or any other major compiler. As part of the “Build tools & compilation pipeline” team, you will work on the LLVM toolchain used to build our game titles and production tools. Our main target is Windows with clang-cl, however many other platforms are targeted through cross-compilation.
Within a team dedicated to maintaining the whole programming framework, you’ll ensure the scalability, stability, and continuous performance of all its aspects. Plus, you’ll collaborate closely with the community of programmers contributing to the project to help them integrate their changes safely and efficiently.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain our LLVM fork
- Identify and optimize bottlenecks in the toolchain
- Upstream the patches and participate in reviews with the LLVM community
- Occasionally maintain our LLVM GitLab CI
- Improve the quality of the debug information
- Address practical usages of the toolchain in production
- Work with other adjacent tools or processes relying on LLVM, such as sanitizers, Linux cross-compilation, distributed & cached builds, etc.
What you will bring:
- Extensive experience in C++, low-level programming, CPU architectures
- Experience contributing to a large-scale open-source project, including the review cycle
- Experience developing on a compiler toolchain, such as GCC, LLVM or MSVC.
- Familiarity dealing with whole compilation/build pipeline (although this is not a build manager job!)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.