Generalist Programmer – Incubator Project
11 days ago
Have you always dreamed of joining the video game industry? We’re launching a new project for which candidates no longer require experience in the field. We are looking for diverse and unconventional profiles. Our only requirement: in-depth knowledge of C++!
As a generalist programmer for this project, you’ll have the chance to participate in all the steps in the creation of new game—from its conception to its launch. You will work in a collaborative and formative environment on fundamental aspects of production: game engine, editor, middleware, etc. You will also tackle the technical challenges associated with a variety of systems (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.), broadening your knowledge of the field and adding many other strings to your bow by doing so.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a leap of faith!
What you’ll do
- Develop generic systems that will support the functionalities of the specialized programming teams + ensure their integration (engine, editor, or middleware).
- Support the production teams by ensuring the stability and proper functioning of their systems and tools.
- Program in a clear and structured manner while respecting performance, maintenance, modularity, extensibility, and compatibility requirements.
- Be in constant communication with the production teams and the people who use your tools to respond to their requests and needs.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets and adjust as needed.
- Debug and optimize existing systems to facilitate the work of other programming teams.
- Document your work to transfer your knowledge and allow production to understand the systems and their functionalities.
- Stay up to date with advances in the field of programming.
What you bring
- Expertise in another field than video games that allow you to approach our industry from another angle
- Enthusiasm, independence, curiosity and resourcefulness
- Experience in software programming (good to have)
- Good knowledge of the principles of computer science and the various programming languages, particularly C++
- Versatility and the ability to work in different systems
- A good analytical and synthetic mind as well as a strong attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or other equivalent training)
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.