This job might no longer be available.
General Programmer (C#) - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
8 days ago
We are looking for multiple Intermediate and Senior General Programmers to round out the last few positions on our highly talented Unity-based VR team. In one of these roles, you will work on gameplay and non-gameplay features, perform code reviews for your peers, and work together with other disciplines (art, sound, design, test, etc.) to bring our shared vision to market. You can expect a highly collaborative environment where knowledge is freely shared and help is always available. Note: Exact job title will be based on experience level.
- Design and implement game features in Unity and C#
- Perform code reviews and offer helpful insights before code is merged to mainline
- Work in Agile iterations to implement, enhance, refactor, optimize features
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Provide feedback for peers and team process to facilitate continuous improvement
- Sharpen and expand your skill set to keep us on the cutting edge of VR development
- Assist the Lead Programmer in the hiring and interview processes as needed
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent degree in computer science or engineering
- 3+ years of software development experience and strong Unity and C# skills
- Shipped AAA titles or a strong portfolio of Indie titles and personal projects
- Proficiency in designing, coding, debugging, refactoring, profiling, and optimizing new and existing systems with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently with a large team and an existing code base
- A passion for VR and gaming
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- A generous spirit, a desire to learn and grow, and a team-focus
- Experience with modern software development practices (Agile/Scrum, Code Reviews, fast iteration, refactoring, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development environments and associated tools. (e.g., Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA...)
- Previous VR development experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience with Unity’s DOTS (ECS, Job System, Burst Compiler, etc.) or Scriptable Render Pipeline (URP/HDRP/Custom) is a major plus
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles and how to manage them in Unity
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Guest speakers, workshops, an online learning platform, library, experienced coaches, leadership trainings and paid self-study hours.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
- Friendly, Open, Multi-cultural Work Environment.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
Join today to shape the future of VR. We are creating a brand-new, world class team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP's being developed across multiple studios globally.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany) and requires working on-site.