2 days ago
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. Our new Austin studio will collaborate with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning game's developer based out of Brighton, England.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of cross-platform gaming.
We are currently looking for a General Manager to join the team, to be responsible for the cross-platform Development, Live Operation & Feature Delivery Pipeline for our new Star Wars game.
With proven team leadership skills; experience leading successful teams across diverse gaming platforms; live operations experience; and ideally free to play product knowledge. You will deliver results whilst caring for a growing team. You will empower and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
Key Role & Responsibilities
As General Manager, and a member of our Global Leadership Team, you will partner closely with Zynga, NaturalMotion and BossAlien leaders and teams to establish, maintain, communicate and execute the launch of a new Star Wars title.
The role will be instrumental in:
- Driving the Commercial Success of the cross-platform areas of the game. Able to navigate a free-to-play business model, confident and fluent in discussing all elements of your business with Leadership, Zynga Executives, your team and your peers, including User Acquisition, Monetisation, Retention, Platform Opportunities, Technology Innovations, and Brand/Licensing Opportunities.
- Developing your team of direct and indirect reports, you will have a fluid and sophisticated understanding of a wide range of leadership, management, communication, and production practices, optimising engagement, efficiency, and quality in your team, whilst instilling it with our global culture and values.
- Defining Tactics. Ensuring your title remains competitive and relevant in the market, working with your team to deliver agreed business outcomes.
- Predictable Delivery. Ensuring technology, features, and updates for the game, translate agreed strategies into effective and achievable tactics.
- Running a Quality Live Service at all Times. Adhering to our Player Charter, you will balance the needs of our players and the business as you work on features and bold beats further into the roadmap.
- You will be responsible for ensuring clear communication upwards to the NaturalMotion Exec and outwards to the rest of the business.
Required Experience & Skills
- Business Management: Ability to own and steer a free-to-play business, understanding the key drivers of the free-to-play model and how the live game and features can positively affect player behaviours and sentiment and drive business outcomes.
- Leadership Excellence: Ability to lead a cross-disciplinary game teams, with outstanding leadership, communication, motivation and management skills.
- Global Gaming Outlook: Strong familiarity with iOS and Android, and new technologies, trends and gaming strategies. Deep understanding how you might translate this into significant strategies.
- Develop Tactics: Ability to break a strategy into a tactical plan for execution, and deliver against that.
- Travel: Flexibility to travel globally as the need arises.
What do we give you?
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits, daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players across the globe.