This job might no longer be available.
General Manager - Old Orchard
Skokie IL US
6 months ago
The VOID is a fully immersive, hyper-reality experience for our Travelers (Guests) and their friends and family. Our advanced technologies allow our Travelers to see, move, and feel our digital worlds in a completely realistic way. Now we’re looking for more talented team members to join us and take our technologically advanced experiences to the next level. This is a unique opportunity to join our team as The VOID expands to major cities around the world.
What You'll Do
The VOID is seeking a talented General Manager for our upcoming Skokie, IL location to build and lead a customer-facing team as we chart our path to the future. The successful candidate will join our Guest Services team and have primary responsibility for achieving financial targets for their location, developing teammates, and cultivating fans among a growing audience. The ideal candidate has experience running retail stores, location-based entertainment, or other dynamic, team based operations. Responsibilities include supervision of day to day operations, staff recruitment, delivery of employee training, staff scheduling, guest care, marketing operations, and location profitability. In addition, the General Manager will collaborate with subject matter experts across the company and be responsible for optimizing profits while adhering to company standards and service levels. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidate must have impeccable customer service skills and be an organized, creative, and motivated leader. Help us build the future of The VOID!
As a key company leader, the General Manager is responsible for local market planning, operations, and growth. Activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees scheduling, staffing, and recruitment at their location: Interviews candidates, utilizes ATS system, sends correspondence to applicants, makes employment offers, partners with HR and Finance on staffing plans, creates sourcing strategies, approves employee schedules
- Drives revenue generation via several channels including: Increasing conversion of walk-up sales; group sales and events – facilitating package creation, proactive outreach to local business and groups, prepping site for hosting; partners with VOID corporate to create marketing plans
- Responsible for site P&L; monitors financial performance and analyzes Profit & Loss statements
- Skillfully addresses escalated Traveler (Guests) complaints
- Monitors customer satisfaction through survey results and creates action plans to improve customer satisfaction
- Creates, monitors, and responds to local social media and review sites
- Analyzes data, draws conclusions, and executes on action plans
- Oversees the development of employees by ensuring they have individual employee development plans and one on ones
- Oversees the performance management of employees: Provides corrective action to employees (attendance, misconduct, and performance), conducts terminations, and investigates misconduct
- Creates a positive workplace culture that inspires a highly engaged workforce who are service-oriented an strive to delight Travelers
- Ensures safe operations for Travelers (Guests) and employees
- Oversees cash handling, bank runs, and change orders
- Oversees inventory management
- Oversees training of all staff in their job responsibilities (technical training)
- Facilitates requests to host VIPs, ensuring VOID Terminal and employees are prepared to create superb experiences.
Who You Are
- College degree preferred, HS or equivalent required.
- 5 years of professional experience in a retail or sales environment, preferably in retail stores, location-based entertainment, or other
- Proven ability to lead, coach, and build a high performing team in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted, bend, twist, and kneel.
- Ability to relocate as business needs require
The VOID provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex or pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.