This job might no longer be available.
General Manager, Japan
5 months ago
General Manager, Japan
We're looking for an experienced leader to be responsible for Magic Leap’s go-to-market efforts in Japan. As the General Manager of Japan, you will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to build a high-performing team. You will play a key role in hiring and leading the Japan team, driving leads, new and expansion revenue, service delivery, customer goals, and market expansion to deliver massive value to our customers. You will be required to define and communicate the local market strategy, offer, and product for Japan, continuously monitoring competitive positioning and future regulations that pertain to the Magic Leap product(s).
The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will be based out of Tokyo, Japan.
- Establish and execute Magic Leap’s enterprise sales strategy in Japan to build and grow Magic Leap’s presence and to achieve business targets. Gather market data and identify untapped market potential.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop a results-focused enterprise sales team; foster a successful and positive team environment.
- Educate the team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing.
- Prepare forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans.
- Manage Japanese annual budget planning, quarterly performance reviews, and sales forecasting
- Ensures that the regional sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal.
- Work cross-functionally with sales leaders, marketing, and product teams to develop go-to-market strategies and execution.
- Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and quarterly business reviews.
- 8+ years experience working for international companies in a GM or operational role
- Experience building and managing sales teams in Japan; a proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent
- Experience working closely with Japanese reseller partners must have strong local-market contacts for hiring and potential partnerships
- Strong knowledge of the consumer electronics industry, specifically within the AR/VR product category
- Budget and P&L management
- Start-up experience and culture
- Experience working closely with Japanese reseller partners.
- Bilingual English-Japanese, with an ability to work with people from different cultures
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in a related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.