General Manager Japan M/F
Tokyo Tokyo jp
15 days ago
Manages his/her team in order to acquire and engage with our players to reach the turnover and the profitability expected by General Management and develops the long term presence of Ubisoft in Japan, being compliant with all company and legal rules.
Reports to Managing Director APAC.
MAIN MISSIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1- Strategic vision and definition of the subsidiary strategy:
- Knowledge of the market / Competitive landscape:
- Competition / Actors / Catalogue
- Retail / not retail Distribution/ Distributors /e-commerce/ Mobile / Free to Play (FTP)
- Consumption habits
- Licensors / 1st Parties
- Knowledge and analysis of Ubisoft catalogue’s potential on the market
- Recommendation to management on the general strategic orientations for Japan
2- Ubisoft spokesperson in Japan:
- Represents General Management for the team of the subsidiary:
- Spokesperson of the group’s strategy
- Supports General Management’s decisions
- Represents Ubisoft legally: has the signature delegation
- Represents the Company on the territory in terms of image:
- Spokesperson of the company on the territory
- Defends corporate interests on the territory / lobbying
3- Responsible for team management in the subsidiary:
- Day to day management of the team in Japan:
- Organisation of tasks
- Objectives setting
- Performance assessment
- Team motivation
- Implementation of the group HR policies locally
4- Implementation of local strategy in order to achieve the expected turnover and profitability and engage players for the LT:
4-1 Implementation of the engagement strategy with Japanese players and consumers:
- Defines the strategy in liaison with EMEA HQ in terms of product priorities, budget and global plans (Communication – Influencer, PR, SoMe -, Events, Media buy…)
- Challenges, validates and follows the budgets allocation recommended by his team
- Challenges & validates the day to day execution of this strategy by his team
- Organises with his team a strong reporting and analysis on the ROI of all actions to him and to HQ
4-2 Grow the Japanese E-sport business and develop Ubisoft’s e-sport community to meet attached financial targets
- Develop local scene from grassroot to proleague
- Develop sponsorship at all levels
- Run local online & offline events that fully engage the community and drive revenue.
4-3 Implementation of Sales strategy (Retail & Digital):
- Defines the Sales strategy in liaison with top management
- Ensures the commercial profitability in line with objectives fixed by top management
- Builds with is team strong partnerships with local stakeholders – Physical Distribution, 1st Party online stores, Diversification. (Terms and contract negotiation, day to day follow up…)
- Monitoring of the financial situation (outstandings and solvency) of each customer
- Monitoring of supply chain performance in coordination with EMEA HQ team
4-4 Implementation of organizational tools & methods and financial monitoring of the subsidiary’s activities:
- Financial follow up of the local activities:
- Financial reporting to HQ
- Compliance to local accounting rules
- Implementation of local rules and tools to ease the day to day work in the local office
- Ensure local teams are in compliance with the group rules and reporting processes and is responsible of data given to the headquarter (regularity and accuracy)
- HR administrative follow up (contracts, salary payments)
- Facilities and IT management with outsourced suppliers
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Team: around 30 people
Position based in Tokyo - Japan
- The ideal candidate will be an accomplished multi-dimensional commercial leader with innovative thinking.
- S/he will have a track record of driving revenue, have a strong commercial orientation and excellent business acumen, ideally in a high growth, hands on and data-driven environments focused on the consumer.
- 15-20 years of working experience in the gaming industry or a close related entertainment industry
- A fluent Japanese speaking candidate is a plus with a strong experience with Western companies (western business & people management habits / central reporting )
- S/he has experience and a strong appetite for the digital industry (digital marketing -Social Media, Media buy, Influencers…-, e-commerce, online distribution…)
- A good knowledge of the 15 – 30 years target group
- Ubisoft cultural fit : conviviality, entrepreneurship, creativity, loyalty
- Innovation driven & entrepreneurial mind
- Excellent networker
- Has strong negotiation skills
- Excellent public speaker
- Has a good understanding of P&L and finance concepts
- Already a successful team manager who has potential to grow fast with the subsidiary:
o that knows how to go from strategy to operational planning and is not afraid to be hands on.
o that attracts top talents, motivates the team, delegates effectively, manages performance, develops his teams skills and creates a human and joyful working spirit.
o who is self-reflective and is aware of his own limitations; leads by example, is open to feedback and self-improvement.
- Excellent Japanese & English is mandatory
General Manager will also be in charge of the wellbeing and good local integration (HR admin, Social office life, day-to-day office management budget validation) in the Tokyo office of 2 teams (5 and 8 people) that are not reporting into him directly.
Ubisoft is committed to enrich players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.