This job might no longer be available.
General Ledger Accountant
7 days ago
The General Ledger Accountant will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of its process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process.
- Performing general accounting and reporting tasks, including processing journal entries, calculation of accruals, processing of allocations
- Participation in preparing of financial statements in accordance with international financial reporting standards
- Managing of month-end close process, ensuring the books are closed on time and in good quality
- Posting of inventory results, adjusting inventory movements and processing stock-taking results
- Cooperation and communication with external institutions, auditors and internal clients
- Ensuring completeness and correctness of data in accounting / financial system
- Reporting KPIs to measure effectiveness and optimization of accounting processes
- Reporting of financial results in relevant systems
- Balance sheet reconciliation - analysis and review of the balance sheet items
- Verifying the correctness and completeness of data, reports and statements along with the analysis of deviations
- Preparing monthly / annual / quarterly reports and other documents required by the management team
- Perform accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making process
- Maintenance and enhancement of ERP structure, in line with the business needs
- Maintaining fixed assets accounting
- Payroll posting and reconciliation
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Preparing reports and analysis
- Assuring process compliance with corporate policies and regulatory guidelines
- Min 3 years of professional experience in the area of accounting / bookkeeping and knowledge of General Ledger process
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- ACCA, CIMA or Chartered Accountant qualifications would be a big advantage
- Practical knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with BlackLine or similar tools will be an advantage
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Interpret data, assess the results and then present the findings to the relevant stakeholders
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy, attention to details, consistency and quality
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer/client facing skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, can clearly explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution
- Training, professional development and continuous improvement of qualifications
- Company contribution to training materials costs, and paid time off to attend professional exams
- Private medical care (possibility to add family, partners)
- Paid awards, recommendations and referral programs
- Additional Social benefits such as movie nights & Christmas gifts
- Relocation support and contribution
- Life insurance
- Multisport card
- Lunch voucher
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work from home and work from the office
- Work in an international and dynamic company
- Everyday contact with foreign languages
- Friendly working atmosphere
- Fruity Thursdays, coffee, tea, tickets to theatre & cinema, integration events etc.
With around 12k people and growing, TCS is the world’s largest VFX organisation and continues to be at the forefront of technological and creative innovation. Being responsible for some of the most memorable VFX films and adverts, TCS partners with brands from Apple to Disney to create content that is consumed by millions across the globe.
During a period of unprecedented growth TCS has recently started the process of separating from the wider group to form a separately publicly traded business. This will allow for continued growth and position us to remain at the forefront of the creative industry.
Our four business divisions: TCS is comprised of four business units, each market leading and each serving a different part of the entertainment industry. All four business are seeing considerable growth and there are no signs of this slowing.
MPC – Serves Film and Episodic organisations. Having won several Oscars and other prestigious awards MPC partners with all the world leading film studios and has worked on films including The Lion King, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Top Gun, 1917, The Greatest Showman and Guardian of the Galaxy, to name but a few.
The Mill – Serves advertising organisations and has helped create some of the world’s most recognisable brands. With clients including Apple, Amazon, Budweiser and Nike The Mill is the most recognisable name in VFX advertising.
Mikros – Creating market leading animation, Mikros has created iconic shows such as Rug Rats, Alvin and the Chipmunks, SpongeBob and Paw Patrol.
Technicolor Games – Serves AAA game studios and work on asset creation as well as cinematics. Having worked on titles such as Call of Duty, Resident Evil, FIFA and Grand Theft Auto, Technicolor Games is growing incredibly quickly and rapidly moving into other areas of the games’ ecosystem.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.