General Ledger Accountant (Payroll/Interco)
8 days ago
Bandai Namco Entertainment America is looking for a General Ledger Accountant to play an integral role on the finance and business operations team. In this role, you will have a broad range of duties including various aspects of monthly close and general ledger responsibilities. To be successful, you will need to be a self-starter and possess impeccable attention to detail, strong financial savvy, high aptitude for technology and financial systems and a strong desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions. This includes preparation of payroll entries and reconciliations at end of month.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors (both internal and external), and JSOX.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Non Payroll Related
- Tracking of intercompany shared service agreement
- Working with AR and AP team for the rebill and payment, respectively, of intercompany shared services
- Application of cash received
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least three to five years of related experience required
- Strong knowledge of internal controls related to payroll
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Moderate excel skills (vlookup, pivot table)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented and able to multitask; ability to meet deadlines and competing priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with ADP payroll software.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.